This is the big day, we all waited for! The Photo Critic Shot of the Year and the Photographer of the Year Competitions for 2014 has finally been decided by our panel of 6 judges. Here they are:
Photo Critic Shot of the Year 2014
The Shot of the Year competition is divided into two categories, Nature and Human Categories. The winners have been decided from the Shot of the Month Winners and Wildcard images.
“Beach Sunrise Abstract” by Michael Blain
“Serenity” by Rina Gertzen | Human Category
Leon Pelser | Photographer of the Year 2014!
The Photographer of the Year is the grand prize and highest accolade we bestow on a photographer we felt consistently submitted photographs of the highest quality throughout the year. Our winner who has been performing exceptionally throughout the year is Leon Pelser. We are including a few of Leon’s Featured Images below. If you would like to see more of his work, visit his Photo Critic Profile
Photographer of the Year
Leon Pelser receives the following prizes:
- R1000 Cash prize
- Any Photography Course by DPC of his choice
- A One on One Training day with myself, Danie Bester
- Total Value estimated at R10, 000 *
Shot of the Year Winners: Human and Nature Category
Michael Blain and Rina Gertzen, each receive a choice between any of the following Photography Courses *
- 8 Weeks Advanced Photography Course (worth R4, 900)
- 5 Day-Wedding Photography Course(worth 6, 100)
- 4-day Architectural and Interior Photography (worth R5, 600)
* Please note that the prizes are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
About Photo Critic Enrolling for a photography course/workshop at DPC entitles you to free membership on Photo Critic our Student Social Network. Members may upload up to two images per week for straightforward, constructive critique. Click HERE to visit Photo Critic